Every once in a while it’s good to check in with yourself to see if your goals are in alignment with your efforts at work and in your life. Nineteen weeks ago I left my corporate job to embark on a much needed journey in search for significance in my career and these weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions and challenges (not surprisingly) that have helped me shape the life I want. I knew the transition to freelance & self-employment was going to be difficult but I can’t even begin to tell you how much I’ve loved this period in my life. That leap of faith hasn’t failed on me yet.
So far, I’ve been able to do everything I set myself to do including some ups and downs. Below I highlight my personal milestones:
- Getting a talent agency that will actually call me for auditions and boy have they hooked me up! Check!
- Got booked for my first TV commercial last week. Check!
- Set out to write a blog and I’ve loved it! Now I’m writing from the heart, learning more about blogging and growing an audience. Check & Working on it! (Thx to you)
- Participated in another blogger’s blog. You can view my entry about turning 30 HERE. I was crying while writing that entry. So happy I could share it with you.
- Miss Ideas is going strong on Yahoo! En Español in Latin America and the US Hispanic market. GOOD NEWS: Miss Ideas got renewed for 7 more episodes! YAY! Check!
- Spending more time with my husband. Check!
- Working on posting more about my music projects and songs. Pending!
- Styling the stage for my very own music video! Details soon!
- I completed my Interior Decorator certification. Check!
- Started the planning stage of a very awesome project in Puerto Rico for women. Details soon! So excited!
- New pics for myself to go with my new marketing strategy (like the one seen on this site) By the talented Gaby Sanchez. Check!
- And so much more!
Writing these down makes me feel so happy and accomplished. Work never felt so good! Needless to say, I do get what I call ‘freak my freak’ moments here and there just like the picture on this post (I found this on a friend’s wall in her office and I thought it was fitting for my situation). I think it’s very important to tell you that my life is not glamourous. It might look like it, but my hubby and I have had to cut back on a lot of spending to adjust to our change in financial situation. (Shout out to my hubs for his unconditional support. Love ya’) There’s a difference between ‘needs’ and ‘wants’ and we are seriously practicing this nowadays. However, life could not be simpler and more rewarding. Finally, I feel like I’m working with a purpose. Gotta love that.
Have you checked in with yourself lately? Tell me about it! I’d love to hear how you are doing and what makes you thrive! Leave a reply to this post and let’s get the conversation going!
Remember to sign up to receive my posts via email by clicking on the “Follow Zania.net” button on the top right of the page. Also, vote for your favorite Miss Ideas episode right HERE.