Hope you had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend! But now… It’s time for another recipe! Like every other recipe on this blog, I try to keep things easy and this one is no exception. Thanks to my friend Yanaice and her hubby for sharing this recipe with me some years ago. I’ve been baking it ever since! The recipe was originally intended to be a cake but I decided to turn it into mini muffins yielding to about 48. That said, you could do either. For this particular batch, I only made half of the portion that I mention below in the ingredients because I only had one banana to work with. Make sure those bananas are ripe! That’s very important! Hope you enjoy it!
- ¼ lb butter (1 stick)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (ripe, about 2 whole bananas)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour milk (to make sour milk add 1 tsp of vinegar to regular milk. Do this first for best outcome)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Make sour milk (if it’s not already sour). Pour 1 tsp of vinegar into ½ cup of regular milk and let it stand until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and lightly flour mini muffin pan (or cake pan). Or you can use mini muffin liners too.
- Cream the butter. Slowly add the sugar and beat until light.
- Add the banana, eggs, vanilla and beat well.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and blend well.
- Slowly add the sour milk and beat until blended.
- Pour mix into muffin baking pan without going over the edges.
- Bake 10-12 minutes for mini muffins. Yields 48. (Bake 45 minutes for cake pan).
Done! This recipe is great for a brunch or dessert treat. Try it and let me know how it goes! These muffins disappear from my kitchen jar pretty darn quick! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!