I have great news! This post right here marks Zania.net’s 100th blog post!! Woo hoo!! And to celebrate, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite DIY projects EVER!!! This is how to make an envelope pillow with glue!
I love changing things around my house all the time and one small item in any home that can immediately alter its style are the decorative pillows. Would you agree? Using these pillows in your home is a very simple way to update a room or change it’s mood. However, some of these covers and pillows can be ridiculously expensive. Being a DIYer at heart, I wanted to take on this challenge. However, since I don’t know how to sew, I wanted to find a tutorial where I didn’t need to use any needles, threads or sewing machine. So… I set out on a mission. Finally, after some digging, I found this wonderful post on LiveLoveDIY that changed my life! I knew there was a way to do this! Now I share this with you because it’s too good not to share!
- Measuring tape/ruler whatever you want to use
- Liquid Stitch glue or Unique Stitch glue
How ’bout those TV tray tables you have at home? Do they look like my ‘Before’ picture? Well… These handy dandy tables are not necessarily the best lookin’ ones right off the shelf but like every other piece of furniture at home, they are not to be neglected! They get a lot of abuse here in my household and after several years of wear and tear it was time to beautify them and give them some serious TLC.
I used several tribal rug prints as well as geometric wall tiles as inspiration. I wanted to use the black and white color palette because it is classic and it was the paint I had available. I also didn’t want to spend a dime doing this so therefore I used what I already had at home. In the end, they turned out fabulously glam! Don’t you think? Here’s how it all went down!
Continue reading “Before & After: TV Tray Tables”
Say hello to Julie, our second featured reader presenting her very own project for her son Alexander. This is one of those wall transformations that require a lot of measuring, leveling and patience! But in the end, the final product is so much fun. Julie says, “What’s my inspiration? Simply to impress my adorable husband and 2 year old baby boy. I just adore that loving smile from ear to ear & that approving facial expression worth more than a thousand words every time they see a homemade project.” That’s why DIY projects are so worth it! Good job Julie!!!
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I’ve created this Think Pink board with all things pink that will definitely leave a smile on your face. I surely had fun picking them out. I just love how they all look classy and fun! Check it out!
1. Strut X-Large Table in Watermelon from Blue Dot – This glossy baby is a looker. Would work great as a conference table too. Who wouldn’t want to work with this as a backdrop?
2. Dozi Paperclip Holder by Alessi – This magnetic porcupine is so cute it hurts! Ouch!
3. Tori Collection Pink Diamond Tufted Headboard – No matter her age, the gal who sleeps with this headboard behind her will definitely have sweet dreams.
4. Woopsy Hot Pink Desk Lamp – Looks so real! Kids of any age will love this little piece of design in any space.
5. Jonathan Adler Throw Blanket Nixon Hot Pink at Layla Grace – I’m a huge fan of Jonathan Adler and this throw is just one of the many pieces I love from him. So soft too.
6. Picnic 100% PVC recycled rug from Surya – If recycled isn’t enough, this is also an indoor/outdoor rug! How convenient!
7. Painted and Digital Pink and Orange Pattern Art – A series of three of these would be great on any wall. A nice touch of modern.
8. Jonathan Adler Wallpaper Sun Pink at Zinc Door – I mean, just look at this wallpaper! A touch of flare (pun intended) and whimsy from the man himself. Lovely. Try this on a niche, the inside of a trunk or accent wall!
9. Worlds Away Charleston Pink Indoor/Outdoor Bench – This is a great way to add color to any modern space. Imagine this over a green lawn! Beautiful combination of colors!
10. Pink Eames Management Chair on eBay auction – I love a comfy office chair. I hear Herman Miller doesn’t disappoint. Well, honestly, who cares about comfort if your chair looks this good! LOL!
We all know someone who’s been affected by breast cancer. If you can, make a donation to Susan G. Komen for the Cure HERE. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, ladies make sure to get screened for mammograms! Early detection is key!
As a side note, every year, Eugene, our Halloween skeleton (he lives on our front door for 31 days) wears his Pink Ribbon on his chest supporting the cause. Here’s a pic!
I hope you are all doing fantastic and are planning fun Halloween festivities with friends and family.!! I’ll be sharing mine on Instagram! Have a great day and thanks for reading! To see the more Think Pink! images on my Pinterest board click HERE.
Side note: Thank you for your patience while moving this site to this new self-hosted site. We had some glitches along the way, but that was to be expected. After working in the technology industry for 5 years, I know that nothing is ever a smooth ride. As time goes by, I will be making improvements, additions and some editing on the features you see here. Thanks again for all your love and support! xoxo
And here is Part 2 of our Duct Tape series on Yahoo’s Miss Ideas! This one is easy to do and can give any table a shocking makeover. Now I want to cover everything in duct tape! Click on the image above to view the video. To view Part 1 of this series click HERE. Thanks for visiting my page!
To receive these posts directly in your inbox, click on the “Follow Zania.net” button on the right side of this page.
Y aquí esta la segunda parte de la serie de decoración con cintas para ductos de Miss Ideas en Yahoo! Cuenta con una transformación increíble al cubrir una mesa con estas cintas. ¡Ahora me ha dado fiebre de cubrir todo con cintas! Házle click a la imagen de arriba para ver el video. Para ver la primera parte de esta serie házle click AQUI. ¡Gracias por visitar mi página!
Para recibir estos posts directamente en tu inbox házle click al botón “Follow Zania.net” en la columna de la derecha.