Last week I shared with you how it’s been a year since we debuted the first episode of Miss Ideas on Yahoo! Español. In that post we show how to tie a scarf, make place mats out of magazine pages and creative ways to wrap gifts! Check it out HERE! This week I’m sharing another set of 3 episodes with you. Please enjoy these tutorials: Ombre nails, 3 ways to arrange flowers and how to pose for pictures! Continue reading “Tutorials: Ombre Nails, 3 Ways to Arrange Flowers & How to Pose for Pictures”
I have great news! This post right here marks Zania.net’s 100th blog post!! Woo hoo!! And to celebrate, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite DIY projects EVER!!! This is how to make an envelope pillow with glue!
I love changing things around my house all the time and one small item in any home that can immediately alter its style are the decorative pillows. Would you agree? Using these pillows in your home is a very simple way to update a room or change it’s mood. However, some of these covers and pillows can be ridiculously expensive. Being a DIYer at heart, I wanted to take on this challenge. However, since I don’t know how to sew, I wanted to find a tutorial where I didn’t need to use any needles, threads or sewing machine. So… I set out on a mission. Finally, after some digging, I found this wonderful post on LiveLoveDIY that changed my life! I knew there was a way to do this! Now I share this with you because it’s too good not to share!
- Measuring tape/ruler whatever you want to use
- Liquid Stitch glue or Unique Stitch glue
How ’bout those TV tray tables you have at home? Do they look like my ‘Before’ picture? Well… These handy dandy tables are not necessarily the best lookin’ ones right off the shelf but like every other piece of furniture at home, they are not to be neglected! They get a lot of abuse here in my household and after several years of wear and tear it was time to beautify them and give them some serious TLC.
I used several tribal rug prints as well as geometric wall tiles as inspiration. I wanted to use the black and white color palette because it is classic and it was the paint I had available. I also didn’t want to spend a dime doing this so therefore I used what I already had at home. In the end, they turned out fabulously glam! Don’t you think? Here’s how it all went down!
Continue reading “Before & After: TV Tray Tables”
How are you all doing? Did you have fun over the holidays? I know I did! To day I round up my favorite blog posts of 2013. It’s not only the content, but it’s also the reasoning behind the posts that matter.
- Welcome to ZaniMeli! (April 24th 2013, Post #1) – This was the first blog post. I obviously changed the name of the site, but this post was so meaningful to me. It signified new beginnings, a gigantic leap of faith, stepping into the unknown and committing to my creativity and business.
- Miss Ideas Yahoo Launch (May 22nd 2013, Post #12) – Working with Yahoo! and S+A Media was a great experience. This was the first video we launched on the site. So proud! You responded very well to most Miss Ideas videos. You can click HERE to view all episodes.
- Your Guide to Temporary Wallpaper (July 9th 2013, Post #26) – Compiling this list was so much fun! You loved it a lot too! Hence, I’m going to work on more posts like this in 2014.
- The “Before & After Series” has been pretty successful. Amongst my favorite are; Before & After: Distressed Turquoise Media Console (July 30th 2013, Post #32), Before & After: Red Stools With Black and White Zig Zag Cushions (September 12th 2013, Post #12), and Before & After: Ribbon Art (October 10th 2013, Post #52). I love getting my hands dirty and creating beauty out of old ragged pieces. These are examples of that.
- How do YOU Define Success? (August 6th 2013, Post #34) – I’m passionate about this topic. Writing this post was not just about sharing thoughts but also about digging deep and searching for your own version of success. The infographic is fantastic!
- Checking in on Week 19 (August 13th 2013, Post #36) – This is how I am able to record my personal quarterly successes, challenges and failures. This first check in was great! I just did my 2nd HERE. It’s always great to see where you stand in comparison with your plans/goals.
- Apple Streusel Muffins (October 17th 2013, Post #54) – The recipes we’ve received from the Baking Corner have been a huge success! You and I have loved seeing these delicious sweets on the blog. You can also check out the easy Chocolate Shortbred Logs.
- Before & After: Tr3s Top 20 Set Design (November 21st 2013, Post #64) – I put this B&A apart from the others because the transformation of this little room into a set was drastic. You must see it to believe it. I worked my @$$ off on this one!
- #ThankfulNovember (November 26th 2013, Post #65) – The response to my daily Facebook and Twitter posts on #ThankfulNovember definitely caught your attention. This was a great way to take a moment to be thankful for the big and little things that make us happy. One person asked me if I was doing anything for December! That’s a great idea for next year! I’ll make something up!
- E-Decorating Services (December 5th 2013, Post #68) – I worked diligently to come up with a platform and pricing strategy that could generate me income through accessible design. This is how I make my money, baby! Let’s get you some big style for little money! I’m here to help you get started!
Those were my top 10 favorite posts. You know when you come across old entries that you wish you could have written better? I just went through that, but I’m not touching them. They are what they are and in retrospect they are lessons for the future. The moment I, you, start getting too critical you’ll end up not doing anything at all. You just have to let it be. That’s how creativity works. I’ve learned to let go in that sense and let me voice be heard. Overall, I’m a happy camper.
If you want to receive each of my blog posts in your inbox the moment they are published, all you need to do is click on the right column of this page to sign up. Thanks for reading!
Say hello to Julie, our second featured reader presenting her very own project for her son Alexander. This is one of those wall transformations that require a lot of measuring, leveling and patience! But in the end, the final product is so much fun. Julie says, “What’s my inspiration? Simply to impress my adorable husband and 2 year old baby boy. I just adore that loving smile from ear to ear & that approving facial expression worth more than a thousand words every time they see a homemade project.” That’s why DIY projects are so worth it! Good job Julie!!!
This is one of my favorite makeover projects that we did for Miss Ideas on Yahoo! en Español. Actually, it’s one of my favorite DIY projects ever! You know, there’s no need to spend a lot of money for great design. This bedside table only cost us $10 at a thrift store and then we glammed it up to make it look absolutely stunning. Take a look at the video and you’ll see how we turned a boring piece into a masterpiece! You’ll love this bedside table renovation! Enjoy! For sourcing reference on the wallpaper, go HERE.
Este es uno de mis proyectos favoritos de Miss Ideas en Yahoo en Español. Puedes transformar una simple mesita de noche a una pieza totalmente única y especial. Toma un poco de tiempo y dedicación pero te aseguro que vale el esfuerzo. Hazle click a la imagen de arriba para ver el video. ¡Quedarás super impresionada! ¡Que lo disfrutes! Para ver en donde conseguimos el papel de empapelar, puedes ir AQUI.
Para mas videos de Miss Ideas vayan a ESTA pagina. For more Miss Ideas Videos, please go HERE.
We really enjoy Halloween here at Zania.net. To celebrate the festivities, I’ve made some delicious Crisp Candy Corn Treats (click HERE for the Martha Stewart recipe), crafted some DIY mummy jars, decorated my door with our gleeful skeleton, put together a low budget costume for myself but I have yet to carve a pumpkin! Oh well. At least I was able to put together a cute Jack O’Lantern post for all of you to see. If you haven’t seen it, you can check it out HERE.
This year, we’re headed out to Lincoln Road in South Beach, FL with friends. I will be dressing up as Mary Poppins! I love that Julie Andrews. I’m just going to have to stop myself from singing “just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down…” Make sure to follow me on Instagram as I will be sharing my favorite costumes of the night!
What have you done this Halloween? Upload pictures of your crafts, decorations or costumes on my Facebook Page HERE.
Have a Spooky and Safe Halloween!
And here is Part 2 of our Duct Tape series on Yahoo’s Miss Ideas! This one is easy to do and can give any table a shocking makeover. Now I want to cover everything in duct tape! Click on the image above to view the video. To view Part 1 of this series click HERE. Thanks for visiting my page!
To receive these posts directly in your inbox, click on the “Follow Zania.net” button on the right side of this page.
Y aquí esta la segunda parte de la serie de decoración con cintas para ductos de Miss Ideas en Yahoo! Cuenta con una transformación increíble al cubrir una mesa con estas cintas. ¡Ahora me ha dado fiebre de cubrir todo con cintas! Házle click a la imagen de arriba para ver el video. Para ver la primera parte de esta serie házle click AQUI. ¡Gracias por visitar mi página!
Para recibir estos posts directamente en tu inbox házle click al botón “Follow Zania.net” en la columna de la derecha.
Decorate with duct tape? Yes, you read right! On this episode of Miss Ideas on Yahoo! en Español, we show you how you can personalize a frame with the use of duct tape. We found the tape at Target and Walmart. You can also get creative and cover notebooks, jars, phone cases, make wall art… Oh the possibilities are endless! Click on the image below to view the video. Next week, we’ll be showing you a bigger project you can do with this unconventional item! Stay Tuned! Thanks for reading!
Si, leiste correctamente. En este episodio de Miss Ideas en Yahoo en Español, verás como puedes transformar un marco con cinta para ductos. Estas cintas las encontramos en Target y Walmart. También puedes usar este método para cubrir cualquier objeto tales como libretas, frascos, el “cover” de tu teléfono o hasta hacer arte! Hazle click a la imagen de arriba para ver el video. La próxima semana te enseñaremos un proyecto mucho mas grande que hicimos usando estas mismas cintas. ¡No te lo pierdas! ¡Gracias por pasar por aquí!
Some time ago I asked you to submit your very own B&A projects for this segment and your response was fantastic! Here is our first B&A post by reader Maria S. I’m so happy she submitted this because it is so easy and can add such a wonderful pop of color to any space! Thank you for submitting your project Maria!
Continue reading “Before & After: Ribbon Art”