As promised, here is the very first recipe from The Baking Corner! (Learn who’s behind The Baking Corner HERE). These apple streusel muffins, adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe, are so good I ate two of them while stuck in a traffic jam. One just wasn’t enough! I hope you make these at home for breakfast or dessert and then tell me all about it! ¡Buen provecho!
Apple Streusel Muffins
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons firm butter
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Mix all ingredients until crumbly – store in cold until needed.
1 cup milk
1 cup grated apple (about two medium size apples)
¼ cup of vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare streusel topping. Set aside.
3. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
4. Beat milk, grated apple, oil, vanilla and egg until incorporated. Combine – then stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be a bit lumpy). 5. Divide batter evenly among muffins cups and sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of the streusel topping. Note* streusel topping will have slightly firmed up because of the butter, just take a fork and break it down.
6. Bake 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown.
Yields 12 muffins.
Thanks for reading!
For More recipes from The Baking Corner go CLICK HERE!